Low-Fat Calamari in Tomato Sauce
I came up with this recipe to use up some calamari I had in the freezer. It's great on it's own, or as a topping for steak.
- Ready In:
- 1 kg squid, hoods
- 500 ml passata
- 2 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Slice squid into 1/2 inch thick slices. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients except squid in a large pan (I used an electric wok). Bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer for 15 minutes, or until sauce starts to thicken.
- Add squid, and cook, stirring, until squid is tender and cooked through (about 4-6 minutes).
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Absolutely delicious! This recipe is so good and really showcased the squid. I wasn't sure what passata was but lo and behold, it was on the grocery store shelf with the pasta sauces! I used the whole bottle of passata (660ml) so I would have enough sauce for our pasta. I cooked the squid for 5 minutes and it was done to perfection! I highly recommend having this on pasta because it really soaked up all the goodness. Made for PRMR. Thanks Sara 76!