Low-Fat Black Bean-Pasta Salad (Vegan)
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces whole wheat rotini
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ounces sliced black olives, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 fresh jalapeno, minced (or other hot pepper) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 15 ounces chunky salsa (I like Pace)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, mix the pasta, beans, and veggies.
- Toss with salsa and lemon pepper. This can be served immediately, but the flavor is better if it is refrigerated for a few hours or overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/451456/Paula+Grad+18.JPG I'm a grad student and also teach at two different schools, so I need some fast/easy recipes. I try to eat vegan, and most of my creations are also gluten-free because my husband is Diabetic/Celiac. I don't post any recipes I have not personally tried and liked.