Low-Fat Big Crunch Coleslaw
I love this as a side for fish. Points 1.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (red and green)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup thinly-sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup thinly-sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup thinly-sliced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thinly-sliced green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- In a measuring cup or cruet, thoroughly combine vinegar, sugar, mustard, pepper and oil.
- In a large bowl, combine red and green cabbages, carrots, sliced vegetables, raisins, parsley and ginger.
- Add dressing and gently toss.
- Let stand 1 hour to marinate vegetables and blend flavors.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Excellent, excellent, excellent!!! I wouldn't change one thing about this recipe. Although I know 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper will be to much for some, I LOVED it. The red pepper and ginger really make this salad sing. I thought the dressing was insufficient at first, but after stirring thoroughly and allowing to marinate it was just right! This salad would be best if prepared a day in advance and allow to marinate well. I didn't have fresh ginger and I used ginger paste and added it to the dressing ingredients. WOW, all these fresh veggies, I could eat this for desert it's that good. You've really got a winner here Dancer. Oh, I cut the oil back to 2 teaspoons and used splenda for the sugar just to shave a few more calories off an already low calorie total. I just can't thank you enough for this, we LOVE IT!!Reply
see 3 more