Low-Country Pilau Ww
- Ready In:
- 1 slice bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Discard the bacon fat in the skillet.
- Add the onion, red bell pepper, and garlic to the skillet and saute over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice, tomato, chicken broth, salt, cayenne and black pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the bacon, parsley, and basil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!