Low Carb Sugar Cookies
- Ready In:
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat gluten flour (vital wheat gluten)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup almond meal, from blanched almonds
- In a mixer with paddle attachment, cream together the first three ingredients until creamy and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, wheat gluten and baking powder. Add a pinch of salt if you like.
- Once the mixture is creamed, add vanilla and mix well.
- Now add Splenda and mix well.
- Stir in the flour mixture by hand.
- Finally stir in the almond flour.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 30 min to make it easier to work with.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Line baking sheet with parchment.
- Form small marble size balls of the dough.
- Put a ball of dough on the parchment and using the flat bottom of a glass press to flatten. Using a piece of parchment between the glass and dough will prevent it from sticking.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 min until the edges for golden.
- Cool on a rack, and store in an airtight box.
- Optional - coconut, coconut extract, almond extract, lemon extract, cinnamon etc.
- I like to drizzle sugar free caramel or maple syrup over the cookies for a sweet delectable treat. Frosting for the lazy!
- Note - 1 packet Splenda = sweetness of 2tsp sugar = 1 carb or less.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born and brought up in a small university town by the south western coast of India, and have been living in various places the last 7 years. I quit my job last year and have been spending hours everyday on 'zaar since then. I enjoy cooking for the most part, especially new recipes. Baking is a relaxing activity for me. My husband and I are beer enthusiasts, and often visit local microbreweries to sample their excellent brew. We love spending time by the water during summers. One of my favorite things to do is snuggle up on the couch on a rainy afternoon, watch the rain through the window while reading a good book with a plate of cake and a cup of strong black coffee.