Low Carb, Light Sponge Cake
- Ready In:
- Separate eggs. Beat egg whites and salt until stiff.
- Add Splenda gradually and beat until stiff and Splenda is dissolved.
- Add egg yolks. Beat until well blended.
- Sift together cornstarch, flour and baking powder and fold into the mixture.
- Pour into two 8 inch greased and lined cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Leave in cake pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- You can serve this with sliced strawberries (sprinkled with Splenda) or some sugar free raspberry jam spread inbetween the two layers and topped with (no sugar added) whipped cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!