Low Carb Cauliflower Noodle Casserole
photo by aparow
- Ready In:
- 2 cups baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 6 cups cauliflower
- 1 (8 ounce) package shiritaki noodles (fettuccine noodle substitute)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon light cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- chop cauliflower into about 1/2 inch pieces, steam or boil for 10 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Prepare Noodles according to package directions.
- spray medium side skillet with oil, heat skillet over medium heat. Place onion and garlic in skillet when warm. Stir fry for about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and chicken broth, and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in sour cream, cream cheese, salt, and parmesan cheese.
- Combine all ingredients in a casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes until heated throughout.
- Tofu Shirtaki Noodles, per 8oz package, calories 40, fat 1g, sodium 30mg, Carbs 6, Fiber 4g, Sugar 0g, Iron 4%, Vitamin C 2%. You can find them at most health food stores, including Whole Foods, in the refrigerator section (near Tofu).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!