Low-Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Ready In:
- 4 cups broccoli florets (chopped and steamed)
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 14 1⁄2 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 1 cup water (to dissolve the chicken bouillon)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (dissolved in the chicken bouillon water)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup half & half light cream
- Melt the neufchatel cheese and chicken broth in a pot over medium heat, whisking until smooth.
- Add the Greek yogurt, chicken bouillon and cornstarch dissolved in water, and onion powder, whisking until smooth.
- Turn up the heat to medium high and bring to a low boil, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Turn down the heat and whisk in the half & half (if the soup is too thick, use water to thin).
- Stir in the shredded cheese and steamed broccoli, warming through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!