Low Carb, Breadless Meaty Loaf
photo by qtcristyme
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground-up pork rinds
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 tablespoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (can be found at international markets or in the international section of your local store)
- 1 cup water (or beef broth to surround loaf in shallow dish)
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 cups low-carb ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup stone ground mustard
- 3⁄4 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Add meats, chopped eggs, onion, celery salt and pepper into a large bowl blend together thoroughly .
- Add Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, sambal oelek to the meat mixture.
- Right before baking, mix in the ground-up pork rinds, otherwise they will become soggy.
- Form meat mixture into loaf shape in baking dish and pour water or beef broth around loaf. (Make sure that loaf is no wider than 4 inches and no thicker than 2 inches, length does not matter).
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 360 Degrees.
- Take out of oven, uncover and check that meatloaf is to temperature, then place back in oven uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
- Take out of oven and cover with 1/2 cup sauce mixture, making sure the loaf is coated thoroughly.
- Place back in over for 3-5 minutes on broil.
- Remove from oven, sauce should not be burned, only less watery.
- Remove from baking dish with spatula and let sit for 5 minutes then slice and serve, utilizing the leftover sauce as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!