Low-Carb Almond Butter Cookies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These delicious and high fiber almond cookies look and taste like my favorite peanut butter cookies - but have significantly less carbs and much more fiber. They are great for lo-carb and diabetic diets.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup smooth almond butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons wheat gluten
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3⁄4 cup Atkins baking mix
- Blend top five ingredients with a mixer until smooth and fluffy. Make sure to scrape down sides, then add Almond butter and mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Then slowly mix into wet ingredients. Mixture should not stick to bowl or spatula. If too sticky, add 1 T additional Atkins baking mix and blend. Repeat if necessary.
- Use tablespoon and form into 1" balls. Spray non-stick baking sheet with pam (lightly), or just place on non-stick pan.
- Press down balls with a fork in criss cross pattern.
- Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes, until browned.
- Remove and cool on cookie sheet.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION