Low Calorie Low Fat Thin Pizza Crust
photo by May I Have That Rec
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Add all the ingredients in the bread pan of bread machine. Process according to manufacturer's instructions for a dough setting.
- Meanwhile preheat the pizza stone or tiles to 450 degrees for 30 minutes. Prepare your favorite toppings.
- When the bread machine has completed the dough cycle, remove the dough from the pan to a lightly oiled surface. Knead the dough several times and form the dough into an oval; cover with a towel and let rest for 10 minutes.
- NOTE: Dough may be refrigerated at this point and stored until ready to use. To store each batch of dough, spray a plastic bag with nonstick spray and place the dough in it. Store no longer than 7 to 10 days, or if frozen for up to 2 months. If refrigerated or frozen prior to use, allow the portions to come to room temperature before they are rolled out.
- Roll and stretch the dough into a 14-inch circle. Place the dough on the prepared peel. Brush the dough with some olive oil and layer your ingredients. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom and the top is bubbly.
- Makes 1 large pizza or 16 servings.
Questions & Replies
I made this pizza crust last night and it was really great. Probably the best pizza crust I've ever eaten. I made a few changes - instead of two garlic cloves I pressed in one clove of garlic, instead of dried basil I shredded a couple of leaves of fresh basil and omitted the oregano. Because I was perming my mom's hair I had to let the dough sit for about an hour instead of ten minutes. Not sure if that had any affect on the final product but I did have to bake it for about 30 minutes until the crust was getting brown. I used a metal pizza tray instead of a pizza stone. This recipe is a keeper for me!
I made this crust today. I was very flavorful and easy. I let the dough rise a second time. For 1/8 the pizza including my toppings, it worked out to be 6 weight watchers pointsplus points. I used 1 & 1/2 cups part-skim mozzarella, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, 1 oz lean ham, 1 oz pepperoni, and spices/herbs. 16 servings seemed way too many so I counted it as 8 servings and cut it into 8 slices. A 6-point pizza dinner with pepperoni and ham that is also delicious