Low Cal Minestrone Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 6 cups onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup garlic
- 9 carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained, lo-blend
- 1 pinch red pepper powder
- 3 large zucchini, Thinly sliced
- 1 lb broccoli floret, defrosted
- 2 lbs defrosted peas
- 10 ounces raw broken spaghetti or 2 small potatoes, chunked
- 2 (16 ounce) bags cabbage, grated (1large head)
- 3 large zucchini
- 12 cups hot water
- 1⁄4 cup sodium-free chicken flavor instant bouillon
- 5 pinches hot black pepper
- 3 tablespoons basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup spicy spaghetti seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup parsley flakes
- In a sprayed pot, fry onions, garlic, seasonings (not bullion paste!); then add water, bullion paste and then rest of vegetables, and uncooked pasta.
- Mix in prepared paste in soup; simmer for 1 hour. Taste and correct spices (leave soup out so soup can become a soup/stew (pasta thickens).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This really is wonderful. I cut the recipe and only made 1/3 because there are only 3 us these days. My husband called it delicious and healthy too! My 18yo son who complains when I cook vegetarian or too many soups devoured a large bowlful without a complaint. I served it with some fresh crusty french bread. This is a keeper! Thanks Larry! I'm sure we will make this again and again. It looks like it would freeze well so next time maybe I will make the full recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a retired child Psychologist,originally from San Francisco, who is now stroke disabled, but loves to eat cook,has a parrot likes animals, collecting ethnic recipes. <br />I cook a lot,with help now from my wife Noreen my parrot! <br />Also Interested in (besides food),politics, meditation,current, looking for everyday cooking ingredients,in a Midwestern town that just likes steak football :-() news,computers,rock roll, Gregorian chants. <br />I live with my wife Noreen,also a Psychologist, our parrot-Mystic, have 1 grown daughter, who lives in Santa Barbara,california<img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>