Love Me Tenders
photo by Sandi From CA
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 - 1 lb chicken tenders
- 2 eggs, beaten in a bowl for dredging
- 1 cup flour, for dredging
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning, to season the flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, for dredging
- oil, 1/4 inch in pan for frying
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 lemons, juice of or 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons daikon radishes, minced
- 1⁄2 scallion, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed sesame seeds
- 1 dash sriracha sauce (optional)
- Mix the dipping sauce ingredients together and chill until ready to serve.
- Heat 1/4-inch of oil in a large skillet.
- Place three large plates on the counter.
- Mix the Cajun seasoning and the salt and pepper to taste into the flour and pour all of it onto the first large plate.
- Situate the bowl containing the beaten eggs next in line.
- Following that, put the panko on the next large plate and place the last empty large plate after that. This is where you'll place your breaded tenders before cooking.
- Dredge each tender in flour, shaking off excess, then in egg wash, let drip a bit, then in the panko, being sure to coat all surfaces. Place coated tenders on the last plate and finish coating the remaining chicken pieces.
- When the surface of the heated oil is shimmering, but not smoking (about 350F), carefully place the tenders in the oil and fry until medium-dark golden, about 2 minutes per side. You can test if the oil is ready by dipping the tip of a tender in the oil; if it bubbles and sizzles furiously, it's ready! Watch carefully because they can cook quickly.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with dipping sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!