Louisiana Swamp Burger
photo by CulinaryExplorer
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (I use chuck)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (I use seasonall)
- 1 onion
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices monterey jack cheese
- 1 packet brown gravy mix (McCormick works well)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, put the first 5 ingredients, Mix Well.
- Shape meat into burgers, grill.
- Sautee' onions and mushrooms until soft.
- prepare brown gravy mix as directed on package.
- Serve hot on a hamburger bun.
- Place onions/mushrooms on top of burgers, then cheeses, then pour on desired amount of gravy.
- Add condiments as desired.
- This is also great with lettuce/ tomatoes/ pickles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a fantastic burger! A bit messy, but doesn't the name sorta imply that anyway lol. Up here in the northwest you don't run into gravy on burgers and I really loved that addition! The sauteed mushrooms and onions were also very good. I made 4 patties out of the burger and I used pepper jack instead of monteray jack cheese. I also melted the cheese onto the patties for the last minute or so in my foreman grill. We use onion buns for this and they were perfect! We topped them with lettuce and pickle as suggested and felt they went well with the rest. For the seasoning salt we actually used Mrs. Dash extra spicy blend. Served with fries for a great meal!
see 3 more reviews