Louisiana Red Beans and Rice
photo by Honeysuckle White a
- Ready In:
- 1 (1 lb) package Honeysuckle White® or Shady Brook Farms® Hot Italian Turkey Sausage Links, cut into 1-inch
- 2 (16 ounce) cans red beans
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 3 cups instant rice, prepared according to package directions
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook sausage, stirring constantly until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, and water if necessary to thin out mixture.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked rice.
- Note: For food safety, cook turkey to a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit as measured by a meat thermometer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!