Louisiana Pickers Shrimp With Piquant Sauce
photo by 2Bleu
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 lbs shrimp, cleaned
- 1 slice lemon
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Saute the onion and garlic in the oil until lightly browned (preferably in a nonstick saucepan, otherwise you may need more oil).
- Lower hear, cover and cook until tender.
- Stir in the next 6 ingredients (celery to red pepper).
- Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add shrimp and lemon slice and cook until shrimp is tender.
- Just before serving, add the green onions and parsley.
- Serve over hot rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this for Spring PAC 2011 and it was wonderful. I cut the recipe in half and used a little more oil and added some jalapenos. I have a meyer lemon tree so I used that for the lemon which adds a little more sweetness than a regular lemon.....delicious! Will make this again for sure. Thank you for submitting.
Oh yum, this was so very good, an excellent meal prepared in no time at all! I stuck with the 2 tblsps oil, and added slightly more red pepper (bit of a wild shake of the wrist!!) One of those meals so easy to prepare midweek that gives you a relaxed weekend feeling! I served over spaghetti, just felt like pasta! Thanks Dreamer, for another winner!