Louisiana Pepper Jelly Shrimp
- Ready In:
- 5 ounces pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 12 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 15 large shrimp (approximately 15 count to the pound)
- cajun seasoning, to taste
- 6 tablespoons red onions, sliced thin
- 6 tablespoons red bell peppers, sliced thin
- 6 tablespoons green bell peppers, sliced thin
- Combine pepper jelly, honey, vinegar, cayenne, garlic and 6 tablespoons butter in a bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Season the shrimp with Cajun seasoning. Heat 6 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook quickly until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- Add the remaining 6 tablespoons butter to the skillet. Cook the onions and peppers over medium-high heat, stirring, until soft and golden. Add the shrimp and the glaze and toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!