Louisiana Chicken Strips
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock, heated
- 1⁄4 cup black bean sauce (I prefer black bean) or 1/4 cup soy sauce (I prefer black bean)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Mix spices, herbs and oil together in small bowl and set aside.
- Heat heavy fry pan over medium heat. When hot, add spice mixture to pan and cook about a minute.
- Add chicken strips, salt lightly if desired (doesn't really need salt)and brown 3 minutes over medium heat. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Pour chicken stock and bean sauce into pan, mix well and cook about 3 minutes.
- Dissolve corn starch in cold water, stir into sauce and cook 1 or 2 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Return chicken to pan, stir and simmer another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am in my second year of retirement and thoroughly enjoying it. My husband Ron and I have been married for 28 years and are the proud parents of 2 sons in their 20's. We have lived in Barrie, a growing city on the shores of Lake Simcoe in Ontario, for 30 years and have no plans to move anytime in the near future. Obviously, we like it here! <br> <br>I like to try different recipes and have found Receipzaar a great resource. Reading the reviews that others cooks have posted has also helped me become a little more adventurous in making adaptations myself. I have always been a bit of a slave to the written recipe and now find myself incorporating other suggestions and even making a few of my own modifications.