Loubieh Bizeit + Kizbarh - Lebanese String Beans + Cilantro
Here is a lovely recipe for Italian string beans (or French beans) cooked in a garlic & coriander / cilantro sauce. This makes a delcious side dish for fish or chicken or you can eat it as part of a mezze. Traditionaly this is served at room temperature but you could eat it hot if you like.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fresh string bean (top & tailed & de-strung)
- 1 cup white onion, finely chopped (or grated)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Saute the onions until they are a very pale golden colour.
- Add the beans, cilantro, garlic & the salt. Stir, then cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat & cook on a low simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature.