Lord Charley's Corn Chowder
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup bacon, finely chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 lb potato, Peeled and Diced
- 15 ounces frozen corn
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart half-and-half cream
- In a large pot, Brown Onions, Celery, Green Peppers, and Bacon.
- Add Chicken Stock, Salt, White Pepper, and Thyme.
- I usually let it simmer for 20 minutes to make sure the vegetables are well cooked.
- Add Potatoes and Corn. Simmer 30 minutes.
- In a separate pan, melt butter and add flour.
- Add Half & Half, slowly, in increments while whisking together to make smooth.
- Add the Half & Half mixture to the soup. Cook 10 Minutes. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
In recipes like this I often cut back on the bacon, but not this time ~ I wanted to experience the full, intended flavor of this chowder, using some homemade chicken stock that I had! Another time I might just add some chopped, shredded chicken breast but for this 1st time the recipe was followed & the chowder . . . VERY, VERY TASTY! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, it is a great way to release some stress. I live with my grandparents and end up doing most of the cooking, which I don't mind! My Grandpa loves the new flavors I have brought to their kitchen.