- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 500 g basmati rice or 500 g long-grain rice
- 400 g lamb or 400 g beef
- 400 g green beans
- 3 medium onions
- 1 -2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 100 g cooking oil
- black pepper
- Peel and slice onions and fry in oil until slightly golden.
- Cut meat into small pieces and add to onions. Fry over medium heat until colour changes.
- Wash green beans and cut into 2-3 cm pieces.
- Add to meat with 1-2 glasses of hot water and cook for about 30 minutes on medium heat, adding more hot water if necessary.
- Add tomato paste, salt and black pepper and cook for another 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Prepare rice as described in the recipe for polow but after rice is half-cooked and rinsed, add the meat-mix and mix well.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!