Lone Linguine With White Truffle Oil
- Ready In:
- Put on water in a pot to boil (for the pasta); when it comes to a boil, salt it generously before adding the linguine; cook for 2 minutes less than directed by the instructions on the package.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg with the cream and Parmesan, a few drops of white truffle oil and a good grinding of white pepper.
- When the pasta's had the time you've allocated, check to see if it is al dente; just before draining it, remove 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
- Return the drained pasta to the cooking pan and , on the stove, but off the heat, add the butter and about 1 tablespoon of the cooking water and stir to mix.
- Stir in the egg mixture and keep stirring so that the pasta becomes smoothly, softly and lightly coated; taste to see if it needs any salt or truffle oil and add as desired.
- Serve in a warm bowl.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!