Lola's Oven Beef Stew
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 15mins
- 3 lbs chuck roast or 3 lbs seven-bone roast, cut into pieces
- 8 onions, quartered
- 8 -10 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 -3 stalks celery, cut into chunks
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, diluted
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 8 tablespoons uncooked tapioca (yes, 8 tablespoons!)
- 1 cup sherry wine or 1 cup red wine
- DO NOT BROWN MEAT!
- Mix all ingredients in a covered roaster.
- Bake 5-6 hours at 250 degrees.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am now a full-time student working toward a degree in speech pathology/audiology. Prior to returning to school I was a "domestic engineer" with no children...just a wonderful husband and 2 cats. We enjoy trying to eat very healthful foods with an emphasis on low-fat items. Baking is one of my favorite pastimes, especially cookies. Rather unfortunate for my hub because he has to be mindful of his weight, but gives me extra impetus to focus on filling, satisfying, and nutritionally well-rounded meals. Thanks to being members of the YMCA I stay very physically active and have recently become an avid fan of yoga. Flylady.net is a site I thoroughly enjoy for housekeeping "support" and heartwarming stories.