Loby (String/Green Beans With Sour Cream and Tomatoes)
This armenian dish can be served hot or cold
- Ready In:
- 1 lb of fresh string bean
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- black pepper
- Bring in a pan 3 l of lightly salted water to boil over high heat. Drop string beans and bring back to a boil. Lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes, until the beans are tender. Drain the beans, wash them under cold water. Melt the butter in a heavy skillet set over high heat. Add the onions and green pepper, lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomatoes and basil, raise the heat to high, and boil rapidly for 1-2 minutes, until most of the juices in the pan have evaporated.
- Stir in the green beans and simmer until heated through.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the egg, sour cream, salt and a few grindings of black pepper. Stir in the vegetables. Serve at once.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What an interesting and tasty way to do beans!!! Followed the recipe, did wonder about the egg, but, lovely!!! I had half a can of tinned tomatoes in the fridge so used those, which may have added a little more tomato "juice "than called for, but not significantly. I liked the addition of green pepper, overall, I found this a good recipe, thanks for sharing! Made for International Agents Of Quest : RussiaReply
see 2 more