photo by Santi Zilcan
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Cut onions long slices and caramelize onions in 1/4 cup of olive oil in low heat with 1 tsp salt.
- add 1/2 cup white vine.
- add lobster meat with all juices which comes in the cans (I used 2 cans off frozen and thawed lobster meat.
- in higher heat heat and mix all these above. once it boils, remove from heat and drain all juice to a bowl,to use it shortly.
- in a non stick pan melt 4 tbs butter, add 3 tbs flour, mix them continously.
- on low heat for few minutes, do not brown it.
- slowly with a whisk add the reserved in bowl, lobster+wine juice, to the flour mixture. once juice and flour is incorporated together, pour it into
- caramelized onion & lobster mixture.
- after it cools off, add the boursin cheese and store it in fridge for a day.
- take 4 phyllo leaves, spray each one with little olive oil here & there.
- while stacking them on each other.
- with a sharp knife cut the stack to half from the middle.
- take 1/2 cup of lobster mixture and spread it on middle of each and with a
- brush, just wet the sides of phyllos so that they stick to each other and
- look as one. roll up the sides of each (the sides will look like a pizza after done).
- repeat this two more times in order to have 6 lobster strudels.
- spray with olive oil the rolled up parts of the phyllo pastry so that they will have nice brownish colour and will be crispy.
- place them on a buttered baking sheet.
- bake at preheated 375 f oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!