- Ready In:
- 1 freshly cooked lobster, about 2 lb. total (about 1/2 lb. meat)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 cornichons, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 mini brioche rolls, split
- 1 small head bibb lettuce
- To remove the lobster meat, twist off the claws from the body. Using a lobster cracker or mallet, break the shell on each claw and remove the meat. Using a large, sharp knife, cut the lobster in half lengthwise from the head to the tail. Discard the black vein that runs the length of the body, and discard the small sand sac at the base of the head. Remove the meat from the body and tail. Twist off the small legs where they join the body to check for other chunks of meat. Chop the lobster meat into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the lobster meat, mayonnaise, crème fraîche, celery, shallot, cornichons, tarragon and lemon zest. Stir gently to blend and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a large fry pan over medium heat. Butter the cut side of each roll. Place the rolls, buttered side down, in the pan and toast until lightly golden, about 1 minute. Transfer the rolls to a work surface and spoon about 3 Tbs. lobster mixture on the bottom half of each roll. Add a few leaves of Bibb lettuce. Top with the remaining roll halves, secure with a toothpick if you like and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> <img src="http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy17/ZaarBrenda/Adopted.jpg" alt="" width="205" height="170" /><img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg" alt="" width="217" height="103" /><img src="http://img.recipezaar.com/img/library/founding_banner.gif" alt="" /><br /><br /><span style="color: #0000ff;"><strong><em>I'm a mother to three beautiful children: one boy and two girls. We have the cutest little grand children. He's a real charmer and a handful! And she's an absolute prescious little princess. No wonder grandparents love them so! I have a great husband who likes to help me cook and clean. <img title="Wink" src="/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif" border="0" alt="Wink" /> We love to garden and have a huge herb and vegetable garden every year. Wondering what to do with all the eggplant, tomatoes, and zucchini is what led me to Zaar. My husband and I have a wonderful time cooking together, whether in the kitchen or on our deck. We love to eat and try new food. We just cook and eat it all! <img title="Kiss" src="/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-kiss.gif" border="0" alt="Kiss" /> I love any holiday when my family can come home to visit. For the holidays, we always cook the traditional fare, but add new twists by adding a few new recipes into the menus. It's always interesting to see what they think! I also love cooking for our office parties. You always know it's a hit when they ask for the recipe. <img title="Wink" src="/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif" border="0" alt="Wink" /></em></strong></span></p>