Loaded Banana Bread...vegan Style!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (it's OK to use more if you like.. i often use up to a cup)
- 3 -4 ounces Bourbon or 3 -4 ounces rum
- 1 cup plus 2 tbls all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegan butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegan sugar
- 2 egg substitute (i use bob's red mill egg replacer for 2 eggs)
- 3 -4 very very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- An hour or so before you plan to make this put the raisins and rum/bourbon in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and let plump for at least an hour.
- When you are ready to get on with the rest, preheat your oven to 325°F Grease and flour bunt pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl & mix to combine. Melt butter in a large bowl. Add sugar and beat until combined. Beat in the egg replacer, then bananas, then walnuts, raisins (left over rum and all), chocolate chips and vanilla. Add flour mixture 1/3 at a time to combine.
- Scrape into bunt pan and bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, till it tests cleanish.
- Cool the pan on a rack and slice to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!