Little Stuffed Hats in Broth
photo by Debbwl
- Ready In:
- Pour the chicken stock into a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add a little salt and pepper to taste, then drop in the pasta.
- Stir well to separate the pasta and bring back to a boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cook according to the package instructions, until the pasta is al dente. Stir frequently during cooking to ensure the pasta cooks evenly.
- Swirl in the wine and parsley (if using) and taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Ladle into warmed soup plates, then sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Serve immediately.
- NOTE: Cappelletti is very similar to tortellini; if you can't find cappelletti, tortellini would be a good substitution. You can buy them ready-made (frozen or fresh) or make your own. Use a miniature version if you can find it.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is one of those recipes where simple is best. Use good stock or broth, homemade pasta, and fresh grated cheese. The result is to die for. I added some sliced fresh basil, since I had it on hand, but otherwise did not mess with a winning combination. A perfect dinner for a rainy evening when cooking is the last thing you feel like doing. Made for ZWT7- Emerald City Shakers