Lithuanian Apple Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from the "Art of Lithuanian Cooking". I haven't made it yet. It's a pastry of sorts....not really pie, not really cake. Times are guesstimates and don't include the overnight chilling of the dough.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, grated
- butter (for spreading over baking pan)
- breadcrumbs (for spreading over baking pan)
- 4 -5 medium apples (peeled, cored and cut fine)
- milk (for brushing)
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Mix 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese together. Add flour, sugar and lemon zest. Blend well. Place in fridge overnight.
- The next day, prepare baking dish (8x8?) by coating it with butter and then sprinkle with some bread crumbs.
- Divide dough in two. Roll out one-half and place into a baking dish. Spread apples over the dough. Sprinkle a little sugar over them if they are tart. Cover with the other half of the dough. Cu several slits in the pie top for ventilation.
- Brush top of pie with milk, the sprinkle with confectioners sugar and walnuts.
- Bake at 350 for 35 - 40 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION