Lisa's Apple Cake
This apple cake is moist and very easy to make. When you bake it the whole house smells so good. It is old family recipe from my best friend. She is not very much into a baking but her apple cake is just to die for.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 10inch fluted tube pan.
- In medium bowl stir apples, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon sugar. Set a side.
- In large mixing bowl beat sugar and eggs with el. mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- While mixer is on, slowly add oil and mix for another minute or two.
- Add orange juice and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add flour and baking powder, mix on low speed just until combine.
- Pour 1/2 batter into prepared pan add apples and pour rest of the batter over the apples.
- Bake for 1 hour or until wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- In a half way baking I cover mine with aluminum foil to prevent to be dark on top.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then remove from pan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a very good, simple cake. It is not too sweet, and it has a nice vanilla-apple flavor. The only change I would make is to stir the apples into the batter - I layered them in the middle as the recipe directs, and after I took the cake out of the pan I had a hard time keeping it together while I was cutting it - the apple layer had caused the cake to form two distinct parts that didn't want to stick together! But as I said I think that problem could be easily solved by mixing the apples into the batter. I also might add a 3.4oz package of instant pudding to the batter next time, as I like my cakes very moist. Made for PAC Fall 20071Reply
I made this tonight and the only change I made was to chop the apples instead of slicing them. The cake is good, but not as moist as I was hoping. It makes a pretty presentation. I would also like to see the 4 apples measured as I used 4 apples that were very large. DH had a big slice before he headed off to bed and voiced his approval. I had a slice while it was still warm and I voiced mine.Reply
see 4 more