Lion House Potato Rolls
- Ready In:
- 1 fresh yeast cake
- 1 cup potato water
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a mixing bowl and allow them to stand for1 hour. Be sure to cool the potato water first.
- After an hour add the next 4 ingredients. Add enough extra flour to make a soft dough. Melt the shortening before adding it and do not add it while it is hot. Beat the eggs well before adding. Sift the flour.
- Roll 1/4" thick, spread with creamed butter. Cut with a small biscuit cutter. Place 2 with buttered sides together into a well greased muffin pan.
- Let stand 45 minutes and bake at 400°F for 25 minutes.
- Makes 30 rolls.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!