Linguini With Scallops, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Pine Nuts
This is from my Food and Wine One Dish Meals cookbook. My hunny is going to love this! I like it because it is just so simple. Use less red pepper flakes if you don’t like spicy. Shrimp would work in place of the scallops.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 3⁄4 lb linguine
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Heat the oven to 350. Toast the pine nuts in the oven until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the linguini until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over moderately high heat until very hot.
- Put the scallops in the pan and sear until brown on the bottom, 1-2 minutes.
- Turn and sear until brown on the other side, 1-2 minutes longer. Remove the scallops and cut them into quarters.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining 5 tablespoons of oil over moderate heat.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Toss with the pasta, scallops, pine nuts and the remaining parsley. Add salt to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Holy Fabulous! Thank you for sharing such a flavorful and simple recipe! With my world with two small kids and carpools galore, I needed something quick. The only thing I omitted was the red pepper flakes because I knew my kids wouldn't touch it if it was too spicy. This one's a keeper! Thank you! LA :-)