Linguine With Spicy Cajun Shrimp
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
In ‘Paula Deen’s Southern Cooking Bible’
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- hot sauce, a couple dashes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion, plus extra for garnish
- grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter over med-high heat.
- Dust the shrimp evenly with the Cajun seasoning and add them to the pan.
- Cook the shrimp, turning once, until they are just opaque and cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp to a plate.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain well.
- Meanwhile, as the pasta cooks, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the pan.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the broth and hot sauce.
- Bring to a simmer and stir up any browned bits from the pan.
- Turn off the heat and return the shrimp to the pan.
- Toss the pasta with the shrimp sauce and the ½ cup scallions.
- Serve garnished with scallions.
- Pass the Parmesan cheese at the table.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION