Linguine with Shrimp Pesto
- Ready In:
- 1 lb linguine
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup pesto sauce
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add linguine pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Stir in cream, and season with pepper.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir Parmesan cheese into cream sauce, stirring until thoroughly mixed.
- Blend in the pesto, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Stir in the shrimp, and cook until they turn pink, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over the hot linguine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was yummy and easy. For health reasons I had to change a few things. Olive oil, instead of butter and I used a low-fat cream. As a result, the sauce was probably thinner, but it was still really tasty. I also garnished the dish with chopped tomatoes, basil, and garlic. Pretty to the eyes and palate!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in upstate New York. I am retired and now have time to enjoy my children, my grandchildren and great grandchildren.