Linguine With Red Seafood Sauce
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups canned meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3⁄4 lb sea scallops or 3/4 lb bay scallop, quartered
- 12 ounces linguine, cooked and drained
- In large heavy saucepot or Dutch oven heat oil; cook onion and garlic 5 minutes or until golden. Add wine; simmer until reduced by half.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, parsley, bay leaf, basil, Tabasco sauce and salt. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp and scallops. Cover; simmer 4-5 minutes or until seafood is done. Server over linguine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a recently converted pescetarian after watching the movie 'Fast Food Nation.' That's not entirely true, I will eat meat but only if it comes from my boyfriend's cattle farm, someone shoots it during hunting season or it's a pig that's been thrown on the smoker at a pig roast. I know how it was processed so I'm not afraid to eat it. I am also a bartender at a fine dining restaurant in Duncannon, PA - Micheal's Cafe. It's the best food by far that you will get in the area. I am a proud mom of an 8-year-old son that is the apple of my eye. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">