Linguine With Light Clam Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 -5 ounces baby clams, drained reserving the juice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes (or as hot as you like)
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped (asparagus, snap peas, green beans)
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 6 large mixed mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 125 g light cream cheese, cubed (8 poz)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 lb linguine
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- In a large pot, cook the linguine, reserving some of the pasta water.
- Drain the clams, reserving the liquid. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the onion, thyme, hot pepper flakes in 1/3 cup of the clam liquid over medium heat for about 3 - 5 minutes or until onion is cooked.
- Add the other vegetables and cook until tender crisp. Add more clam liquid if necessary. Stir in cream cheese and melt.
- Just before serving, add the clams, salt and pepper.
- Combine the pasta, the clam sauce and the parmesan cheese. Add more clam liquid or pasta water if necessary.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!