Linguine with Garlic, Herbs and Lemon
A simple pasta dish made with fresh ingredients. Herbs that work well with this dish are basil, tarragon, marjoram, oregano, parsley, dill, thyme, chives, cilantro, chervil and mint. I like to go heavy on the basil(about a cup) and then combine one or two other herbs.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, zest of, grated
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 cups fresh herbs, chop 1 and a half cups and leave about half a cup of the herbs whole or torn into larger pieces
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Meanwhile, warm oil and garlic in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook until the garlic is fragrant, being careful not to brown or burn.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the lemon zest and salt to taste.
- The water should be close to boiling.
- At this point, add salt and the linguine.
- Cook until pasta is al dente (follow the directions on the package since cooking times vary product to product).
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water in a small bowl.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and toss with garlic mixture, herbs and lemon juice.
- Add the reserved pasta water as needed to keep the pasta moist and a little saucy.
- Serve immediately.