Linguine Tuna Salad
I adopted this this interesting pasta salad recipe from the Recipezaar account and only slightly changed it. Cooking time is time to cook the linguine. Preparation time does not include refrigeration time. Enjoy this colorful salad!
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 10 ounces frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (firm)
- Break linguine lengthwise into thirds and cook according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, onions, sugar, Italian seasoning, and salt, mix well.
- Add HOT linguine; toss.
- Flake tuna with a fork, then stir tuna and thawed peas into the linguine mixture. Gently toss in chopped tomatoes.
- Cover; chill several hours or overnight to blend flavors. Serve cold.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
As I made this up, I realized that it was almost exactly like one I used to make almost 20 yrs ago when we were first married. Somehow through the years it had fallen off the menu rotation, so it was nice to run into an old friend again. Because I was trying to stretch our budget I doubled the pasta and seasonings but halved the tuna (1 can of tuna to 16 oz of linguine); the proportions were perfect for us. The tuna flavor didn't overwhelm the pasta but there was enough scattered through the salad that everyone felt like they had plenty. Since I was running a bit late on dinner when I made this, we had it warm and then had the leftovers as a cold salad for lunch the next day; both ways were good and all of the kids asked for seconds. I had a bit of raw zucchini that also added a nice flavor as it marinaded with the pasta and tuna. Simple, inexpensive, filling, and a hit with the family ~ this is definitely making its way back onto the menu rotation! Thanks so much for helping me find an old recipe and make it new again. :o)