Linda's Lime Jello Salad
photo by Adams Momma
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (cut into small pieces)
- 50 -60 small marshmallows
- 1⁄2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Pour lime jello in a 9x13 pyrex dish.
- Add 3 cups boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- While jello is still hot, stir in marshmallows and cream cheese pieces.
- CHILL FOR ONE HOUR.
- Whip cream until stiff.
- Drain pineapple.
- Remove jello from fridge, fold in pineapple, walnuts and whipped cream until well blended.
- Chill for 3-6 hours or overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My Grandmother died when I was 17. At age 40, I still miss her a great deal. She was an incredible woman and an amazing "southern" cook. The taste of her biscuits and gravy, rolls, poundcakes, fudge and Thanksgiving dinners are burned into the memory of my tastebuds. (No wonder I'm such a big girl!) In my adult life and now that I have a family of my own, I am striving to fill her shoes in the kitchen. Her son (my father) wouldn't mind it, either! :)