Great vinaigrette with the perfect combination of sweet, tart and fiery; makes this recipe a real winner. Use the vinaigrette on salad, seafood or even berries! You can use store bought Limoncello or use my recipe to make homemade Limoncello (Recipe #167289). Great gift idea!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup limoncello
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk Limoncello, lemon juice, zest, mustard and red-pepper in a small bowl.
- Whisk in oil and season to taste with salt.
- Pour into decorated bottle if giving as gift or can be used immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very tasty and quite a surprise! I would have never thought to use Limoncello for a vinaigrette but it truly was a nice change from our usual vinegar, vinaigrettes! I'm giving it 4 (+) stars rather than 5 because it was a tad "boozy" for our salad greens- but I can imagine it being a REALLLLLLY yummy marinade for chicken or fish. Can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing yet another delish recipe, NcMysteryShopper!Reply
I had some of my own home-made limoncello so I used that, I also cut down the olive oil just a tad. This has a really nice tang but I didn't really get the heat from from the peppers shining through so would increase that by a bit next time. Also my dressing solidified once refrigerated so I had to "nuke" it before pouring. Still really nice though, never would have thought of using limoncello on salad!Reply