Limon Sharbati (Lemon Sherbet)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
In Azerbaijan, sherbet is a favorite drink. This is normally served as the finale of the multiple-course ceremonial banquet but now is just served as a general refreshment. There is a steeping period of 4 hours.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄8 teaspoon saffron
- 1 untreated lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander seed
- 10 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- Dissolve the saffron powder in 1/2 cup water.
- Chop the lemon peel fine and place in a container.
- Pour over the peel 2 cups of freshly boiled water and add the coriander seeds. Allow to steep for 4 hours.
- Strain and mix in the lemon juice and sugar. Add the saffron infusion and serve the sherbet well cooled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation