Lime Pineapple Dessert (Fluffy Green Stuff)
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 40mins
- 1 package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup water, boiling
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 can evaporated milk, chilled (not condensed)
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 graham cracker pie crust
- Mix jello, boiling water, sugar and the juice from 1 lemon together.
- Stir until sugar is disolved.
- Let partially set (1 hour) Whip evaporated milk in large mixing bowl.
- When it begins to form small peaks, add jello and whip again until well mixed.
- (You can add a couple drops of green food colouring if you like) Fold in drained pineapple.
- Pour into each of two graham cracker pie shells.
- Let sit in refrigerator for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
- Decorate top with sliced limes and more graham cracker crumbs if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was really good and easy to make, but I could not get it to whip into peaks. I must have whipped it for about 10 minutes. I added the jello, and poured into the graham pie shells. It tasted great, and I have been eating it like crazy. The only thing I don't think it was as fluffy as it probably should be, maybe I didn't chill the milk long enough. I love how it is such a light taste, but full of flavor. Good recipe, thank you.