- Ready In:
- Fill a quart jar with sugar; add vanilla.
- Pour boiling water into the jar, stirring constantly, until the sugar is completely dissolved and the syrup fills the jar.
- The syrup can be stored in the refrigerator and used as needed.
- To make phosphates, pour 1 1/2-2 ounces of syrup into a pint glass.
- Squeeze 1/4- 1/2 lime into the glass, and add the lime segment.
- Fill the glass with cold carbonated water and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The name does not do this drink any justice (wasn't quite sure what it was)!! It needs to be called "Lovely, Refreshing Lime Sparkling Drink"! This certainly quenches the thirst on a hot summer day. I cut the recipe in half and had it in a pint jar....but to make the syrup easier to pour, I transfered this to a clean glass jar (eg. glass vinegar bottle or water bottle) It reminded my hubby of a lime drink he used to have as a wee tot!!! This would be lovely with a spash of gin or vodka. Kudos to your Mum, ChrisMc...you do have a winner! Update: Works well with lemon too