Lime Jello and Pineapple Salad
A good old standby and another way to get kids to eat some vegetables. Besides, it always looks good on the table especially when the center is filled with green seedless grapes.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- 1 (85 g) package lime Jell-O gelatin (jelly crystals)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped canned pineapple ring
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans (optional) or 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup boiling water
- Using a large bowl completely dissolve Jello in the boiling water.
- Mix in sour cream and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Stir in pineapple, carrots, celery and nuts.
- Pour into a ring Jello mould.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for at least three hours.
- When ready to serve unmould Jello by dipping the bottom in very hot water for a few moments, place a plate over the top and turn upside down.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is so easy, non bake. I didn't even add the shredded carrots or celery, but added maraschino cherries. chopped pecans would be good, but grands didn't like them, so I left out. I used crushed pineapple (not drained). I didn't have the correct size jello mold, so used stainless bowl and covered. Very good! And eazy peazy! Oh, and I actually used Lemon jello, because that's what I had on hand. Either would be good. But the basics of Jello, sour cream and crushed pineapples (& cherries) made it!Reply