Lime and Beer Pork With Easy Chunky Guacamole
A different way to serve pork that's easy and tasty. Preparation time does not include 3 to 4 hour marinading time. This is from some forgotten magazine clipping from 1998.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely snipped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rice
- nonstick cooking spray
Easy Chunky Guacamole
- 2 avocados
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- Partially freeze pork; thinly slice across grain into bite sized strips. Place pork in a plastic bag set into a bowl.
- Combine salsa, lime juice, beer, garlic, cilantro, cumin, red pepper and black pepper. Pour over pork; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.
- Prepare Easy Chunky Guacamole: Halve, seed, peel and cube 2 avocados. Combine avocados, lemon juice and salsa in a bowl. Cover and chill. (can be kept up to 24 hours in fridge).
- Wrap tortillas in foil. Heat in a 350°F oven for ten minutes to soften.
- Drain pork and set aside, reserving marinade.
- Add enough water to marinade to equal 1 1/2 cups. Place in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add rice. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a skillet with nonstick coating; heat over medium heat. Add half of the pork. Stir-fry 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet using a slotted spoon; drain liquid if necessary. Repeat with remaining pork.
- Spread pork and Easy Chunky Guacamole on tortillas. Roll up and serve with rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wow! This is very tasty. The Guacamole is what really highlights this dish. The meat is nice and tender with great flavor. But the Guacamole has a nice tang to it. The rice was ok, but a bit on the dry side and it really didn't stand out. Overall a great dish that will be made again. Thanks for posting!Reply