Lima Bean and Spinach Salad (Armenia)
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces frozen baby lima beans, cooked and cooled
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 5 ounces spinach, torn
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Toss beans with olive oil in salad bowl; set aside.
- In food processor, combine walnuts, garlic and vinegar until smooth.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Cover, chill 1 hour. Serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I only came to cooking in my 50s, when we moved home to a tiny town with only a few restaurants. I'm always on the hunt for easy, flavorful recipes (often ethnic cuisines), and I'm always ready to try something new and different! In cold weather I gravitate to stews, soups, and casseroles of the not-too-heavy kind; in hot weather I love a salad or cold soup. Partly because of my husband's diabetes (I'm borderline) and partly out of indolence, baking is not my thing.