Lighter-Than-Air Buttermilk Biscuits (Southern Living)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From a vintage copy of Southern Living. They used White Lily brand that is available here in the south.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 cups self-rising soft wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- melted butter, for brushing tops
- Cut 1/3 cup butter into flour with a pastry blender until crumbly; add buttermilk, stirring just until ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times.
- Pat or roll dough to 3/4-inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425* for 12 to 14 minutes. Brush biscuits with melted butter, if desired . Yield: 8 biscuits.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION