Lightened up Bechamel Sauce - 2 Ww Pts.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg (I like a bit more)
- 1 dash paprika
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- In a small saucepan, add milk. While whisking, slowly add in flour. When blended, add salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and and stir in parmesan.
Join The Conversation
Using a combination of the other reviewer and the chef;s suggestions, I used this to make a chicken alfredo pizza (sauce, italian herb chicken in thin strips, a sprinkkle of mozzarella, topped with basil and a bit of parmesan after baking). This was delicious and fits right into our trying to be healthier lifestyle! Thanks for posting! made for PRMR tag game December 2009.