Light Veal Marsala
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
from Cooking Light magazine. This is so quick and easy and yet good enough to serve to guests. 4 WW points per serving. Serve with egg noodles or garlic mashed potatoes.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb veal scallopini
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 2⁄3 cup beef consomme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry marsala wine
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Dredge veal in 3 tablespoons flour. Combine 1 tablespoon flour and consommé, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add veal, cook 1 1/2 minutes. Turn veal over; cook 1 minute. Remove veal from pan.
- Add wine to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add consommé mixture, mushrooms, and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes or until thick. Return veal to pan; sprinkle with parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was amazing. I used 2 boneless skinless breasts (and pounded them out) since they wanted $10 for veal cutlets. Added in a little garlic and onions while I sauteed the Mushrooms. I think the only other change I would try is to add a little cayenne pepper and seasonings to the dredging flour. Thanks so much for posting this Gem Holly. :) (also I find a touch of lemon juice to the sauce, really makes this dish)1Reply