Light Scalloped Potatoes With Cream Cheese
This is a light creamy version of scalloped potatoes that I made up since I could not find a recipe that I liked, even though there are many on 'Zaar for scalloped potatoes. These turned out really good, and were attractive with the bits of peeling inside.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 5 small red potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Wash potatoes well and slice very thin.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Whisk in flour, salt and pepper.
- Mix in half and half and stir until hot and well blended.
- Mix in cream chesse, stir till melted.
- Stir in onions.
- Spray casserole with cooking spray.
- Layer potatoes and sauce in casserole, finishing with sauce.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour 15 minutes.